REGULATIONS OF VILNIUS 20 KM RUN
I. COMMON PART
Municipality of Vilnius city, sports club ‘Vilniaus Baltai’, Lithuanian national athletics federation and association ‘SPORTO RENGINIAI’ organize the 10th international Vilnius 20 km run and Lithuanian open 10 km road running championship on the 15th of October, 2016.
II. GOALS AND TASKS
- To encourage interest about Lithuanian and Vilnius city.
- To promote running and athletics in Lithuania.
- To enhance quantity of mass events in Vilnius. To enhance an activity of the city residents.
- To promote running as a healthy way of living.
- To find out the best runners in various age groups.
III. LIABILITY AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE EVENT ORGANISERS
- To register the participants of the event, to make and give out the numbers.
- To measure, certificate and prepare the route according to the rules of International athletics competitions and requirements of the Road Running Association .
- To advertise the event and exercise the public relations campaign in order to promote the run and attract more participants.
- To limit or stop the traffic in streets where competition and related events will take place.
IV. THE DISTANCES OF THE EVENT
It is possible to participate in 1 km, 3,5 km, 10 km, 20 km running events and 3,5 km, 10 km Nordic Walking (NW) events.
V. THE TIME AND THE PLACE OF THE EVENT
Vilnius, Upės street, 15th of October, 2016.
12:00 p.m. – start of 1 km running.
12:10 p.m. – start of 20 km, 10 km running and 10 km NW.
12:20 p.m. – start of 3,5 km running and 3,5 NW
- All willing people can participate in the competition after filling in the entry documents. The participants take part in the event at their free will, nobody is forcing them and they accept all the risks (unexpected health problems, etc.) related to the competition and will have no legal claims in this respect to the organizers of the run. Upon the registration and taking his or her race number the participant must have a personal identification document. Parents, guardians or coach are responsible for minors participating in the event.
- With the registration to the event every participant authorizes the acquisition of the rights to use images or videos in which he or she appears for marketing purposes without additional permission of the participant.
|M||1998 and older||W||1998 and older|
|M70||1946 and older||W70||1946 and older|
VII. SPECIAL TERMS AND RESTRICTIONS
- The participants can use only their names and surnames while getting registered into any of the competitions. To give away their number to other person is strictly forbidden. If this term is not followed, the participants will be disqualified and the results will not be included into the official competition results.
- If a registered participant wants to change the distance he chose previously to a shorter one he has to pay 6 EUR distance change fee. If he wants to change it to a longer one, he has to pay the difference of starting fee for longer route valid on that particular day.
- Every participant of the competition must have a number fastened neatly on the T-shirt. The number has to be fastened on the front of the T-shirt and to be clearly visible.
- For the participants and their supporters it is strictly forbidden to use any kind of transport, e.g. bicycles, roller-skates, skate-boards and other wheeled vehicles. In case of breaking this restriction the participant will be disqualified.
- The participants are not allowed to have any personal escort during the race. In case of breaking this restriction the participant will be disqualified.
- No animals are permitted on the route during the race.
- Each competitor must attach the time measuring electronic device on the shoe. Time results will not be included into the race results and the time will not be recorded if the competitors do not attach or attach the ‘chip’ inappropriately.
- Any deviation from the set course (without permission of the judge) is prohibited. In case of breaking this restriction the participant will be disqualified.
- Any possible claims must be submitted to the main referee of the competition in writing within 30 minutes after the termination of the competition, accompanied by a fee of 30 EUR, which will be refunded if the claim is satisfied by the appeal commission (the director of the half-marathon, main referee). The claims are not considered unless the fee is paid.
20 km running awards:
- 1 – 3 place winners (men and women) will be awarded with Cups.
- The winners of the age groups (M40 – M70 and W40 – W70) will be awarded with Cups.
- Information about other awards will be announced later.
10 km Lithuania championship awards:
1 – 3 place – Lithuanian national athletics federation’s medals.
10 km ir 3,5 km awards:
1 – 3 place winners (men and women) will be awarded with sponsors’ gifts.
All the participants who will finish the distance within time limit will receive commemorative souvenirs.
1 km running awards:
Commemorative medals are given only for children.
IX. STARTING FEE
For participants of 1 km running:
Registered until 1st of October, 2016 – free of charge.
Registered from 2nd till 15th of October, 2016 – 5 €.
For participants of 3,5 km running and 3,5 km NW:
Registered until 12th of October, 2016 – 10 €.
Registered from 13th till 15th of October, 2016 – 15 €.
For participants of 10 km, 20 km running and 10 km NW:
Registered until 15th of September, 2016 – 15 €.
Registered from 16th of September till 15 of October, 2016 – 20 €.
Participants’ entry fee needs to be sent to Association‘s ‘SPORTO RENGINIAI’ bank account – LT55 7300 0101 0353 7642 Swedbank or made using payment system mokejimai.lt.
If participant who has registered for the race does not pay entry fee in 3and 7 working days, he/she will get a reminder about unfinished registration. Payment must be made in accordance with the starting fee on the day of the payment. Improper payment of entrance fee will not be counted!
The entry fee is non-refundable and cannot be given to other participant.
X.REGISTRATION OF THE PARTICIPANTS AND NUMBERS’ ISSUANCE
- All participants may register online 20km.lt
- Online registration is available till 14th of October, 2016, 12:00 a.m.
- Participants will be able to take their numbers at Vilnius Central Department Store (VCUP shopping centre), Upes street 9, Vilnius, 5th floor:– on the 14th of October from 16 p.m. till 20 p.m.
– on the event day, 15th of October, from 9 a.m. till 11 a.m.
- If participant registers correctly and pays the starting fee, he or she is enrolled into start protocol.
XI. THE ROUTE
- 1 km– 1 circle.
- 3,5 km – 1 circle.
- 10 km – 1 circle
- 20 km – 2 circles.
Start and finish in Upės street.
Upės, Malonioji, Pušų, Vytauto, Mickevičiaus, Vytauto, Kraševskio, Birutės streets, Vingis park, pedestrian walkaway in Geležinis vilkas street, Goštauto street, The White bridge.